Title: National Project Coordinator – Sudan/China South Porgramme
Division/ Department: FAO Sudan.
Duration: Three Months Renewable
Contract Type/ Level: National Project Personnel Service Contract- SB3
Duty Station: Khartoum, Sudan
Deadline for applications: 2021/5/17
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project National Project Officer (NPO) will be under the direct Supervision of the FAO Representative in Sudan, and working closely with all stakeholders, the Ministry of Animal Resources, programme coordinator, project staff and all stakeholders involved in the project activities.
Description of Duties:
- Liaise between the relevant departments/ directorates of the government and the project staff to ensure the coordination and collaboration required for the implementation of the project.
- Support effective implementation of the project through efficient and timely execution of technical tasks in accordance with the policies and procedures, the strategies of the project and the schedule of activities, ensuring that gender equality and women empowerment in project implementation to achieve the desired results.
- Consultation with the technical officer designated by the Host Government (Coordinator) and the Head of Team (Coordinator) designated by the cooperating government, shall be responsible for the technical supervision and monitoring of the implementation of the activities in accordance with the description of assignments.
- In consultation with the technical officer designated by the Host Government (Coordinator) and the Head of Team (Coordinator) designated by the Cooperating Government, shall be responsible for the technical supervision and monitoring of the implementation of the activities in accordance with the description of assignments.
- In close collaboration with the Host Government (Coordinator) and the Head of Team (Coordinator) designated by the Cooperating Government to ensure the performance and results of the project.
- Ensure a flow of regular and complete information on the status of the activities planned and implemented between the project partners.
- Review, verify and analyses work plans, progress and final reports and other data for clarity, consistency and completeness and monitor the progress of project activates. Follow-up on delayed documents, clarify information to support successful completion of agreed activities.
- Support organization of workshops, training sessions and meetings in collaboration with other partners.
- Produce progress reports, communication materials and other related documents.
- Assist in the monitoring and coordination of activities carried out by external collaborators, service providers and implementing partners.
Minimum Qualifications Requirement:
Applications will be considered from candidates who do not possess All of the Essential Qualifications
Education: University degree (or equivalent) in topics related to economic, agriculture, or other social sciences;
- 10 years of relevant experience in the implementation of agricultural and rural development projects,
Previous experience in funded project
- Fluent in Arabic with excellent written and oral English, National of Sudan.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in the implementation of good agricultural practices, familiarity with community based organizations including; Agricultural Cooperatives; NGOs and farmers’ associations.
- Working with agricultural related governmental departments and entities good report writing skills;
- Fully computer literate;
Download FAO Personal History Form from:
Submit the completed FAO Personal History form/ updated CV and copies of supporting documents in a sealed envelope clearly indicating the vacancy number and the duty station to:
FAO Representation office
Attention Human Resources Unit
Osman Digna Street (near Central Bank of Sudan, Khartoum Branch)
Or Send your application by email to: SD-Recruitment@fao.org (Attachments are not to exceed 3 MB)
Applicant should clearly quote the vacancy number and the duty station in the subject title
This vacancy is open to Sudanese national male and female candidates.
FAO is Non-Smoking environment
|Employment Type||Full Time|